Karori Normal School

Team Kahikatea Year 5/6
 Welcome to the Team Kahikatea page.
This year we have 7 classes and 7 teachers in the team.
We aim to create a positive learning environment within our team which is imbued with the Karori Normal School Values of Excellence, Integrity, Respect, Responsibility and Empathy. 

Room 19

Kane O'Connell

koconnell@kns.school.nz 

Room 20

David Wong

(Team Leader)

dwong@kns.school.nz 

Room 21

Georgia Clennick

gclennick@kns.school.nz

Room 26

Anne-Marie Richardson

arichardson@kns.school.nz 

Room 27

Sam Butts 

sbutts@kns.school.nz    

Room 28

Cherie Le Quesne

clequesne@kns.school.nz

Room 29

Anita Patel

(Assistant Team Leader)

apatel@kns.school.nz

Team Kahikatea Term Three Newsletter 

This is another busy and exciting term for our students and their learning. Thank you for your support in students learning at home, and to the parents who are able to come to our assemblies. Our students enjoy sharing their learning and all the fantastic things they have been doing. In week 7 and 8 we will be running the celebration of learning meetings on Thursday 8 September and Wednesday 14 September. The booking times will be available soon for you to choose your times. We look forward to seeing you all J

Students are working hard towards performances in Art Splash and Dance Splash.

Swimming lessons begin in week 4 and the timetable will be sent out via school links. Each class has eight 30 minute lessons.

Whaea Adrienne is teaching Te Reo to classes on Tuesdays, she is teaching vocabulary and phrases based on places names and science.

We have 3 student teachers joining our team starting in week 3 for seven weeks. They will be teaching in Rooms 26, 27 and 28.

If you have any concerns regarding your child please do not hesitate to contact their classroom teacher, David Wong or Andrea Peetz. Teachers can be reached via email.

Stationery

Can you please check that your child has the appropriate stationery as this is the time of year when students begin to run out. Please supply your child with a box of tissues if they have a cold or flu as class supplies are low as well.

Major Focus

Our major focus this term is the concept "Change”, we will be learning about this through the context of fair testing in science. Students will be learning through researching inquiry questions. Reading, writing and maths will be linked to our topic. In maths classes are also working on number knowledge, fractions, and proportions and ratios.

Camp

Thank you to all the parents that offered to help at camp. We had an overwhelming response and we would like to thank you for your support.

Assembly

Our first team assembly is on Week 8 Friday 16 September at 1.35-3.00pm Rooms 21, 27, 28 and 29 will be presenting.

Our second team assembly is on Week 9 Friday 23 September at 1.35-3.00pm Rooms 19, 20 and 26 will be presenting.

Regards

David Wong, Sam Butts, Cherie Le Quesne, Anita Patel, Anne-Marie Richardson, Kane O’Connell and Georgia Clennick.