Karori Normal School

Rōpū Tōtara Home Learning Information

Term 2

Monday 11 May

Home Learning Term 2 Week 5

Monday 4 May

Home Learning Term 2 Week 4

Tuesday 28 April

Kia ora koutou,

This is our 3rd week of Term 2 and we continue our Home Learning programme for our Year 7 and 8 students using Google Classroom to share learning activities.

Students have a wide variety of different tasks to choose from as well as the option of learning through the TV Home Learning programmes. More information about this is found here. TV Home Learning.

Home Learning Term 2 Week 3 

Monday 20 April

Team Totara Home Learning Term 2 Week 2students can access this through their Google Classroom. 

Wednesday 15 April

Team Totara Home Learning Term 2 Week 1 - students can access this through their Google Classroom. 

Term 1

Wednesday 25 March

Team Tōtara Home Learning - students can access this through their Google Classroom.

Tuesday 24 March

Kia ora koutou, 

We hope everyone is well at home and enjoying this time with their whānau. Online, home learning is a new situation for all of us and it may take a little while for us all to find our feet. We want to be able to provide some learning experiences for our students but are very aware that we do not want to create extra anxiety or stress at homeAs a school we have decided on the following guidelines for any home learning. 

• Optional

• Easy - encouraging

• Low pressure/stress

• Children may or may not get feedback

• Manageable amount

• Off-line options

Online learning will be sent out on a Monday for the whole week. This will be done for our Year 7 and 8 students using Google Classroom which all our students are now very familiar with.  If any student has forgotten the class code or cannot access their google drive then please let us know as that is easy for us to rectify through email.

Some of our students may not need much parental input to access and complete their work. Other students may need a bit more support and structure around their learning. Please remember to select the work that is going to work for you as a family and  is manageable in your household knowing that this may change from week to week. There is no expectation for students to complete everything provided. 

If your child loves to read, build with lego, do jigsaws, play board games and cards, do sudoku etc please remember that this also provides valuable learning experiences and may suit your child better than more formal options.

Teachers will stay in contact with their classes by adding to their “Dear Diary” Google Classroom during term time. Students are free to share any of their learning with their class teacher by putting their work into a “Home Learning” folder in their Google Drive - instructions on how to do this will be in the slideshow shared. Please be aware that this will not mean an instant or even same day response from their teacher until we have all become more accustomed to our new home-learning school life.

There is no need to collect any school books or resources unless there is a specific book your child would like, a separate email has been sent outlining how to pick up anything you might need including extra books from the school library.

You will receive home learning from your child’s teacher on Wednesday 25 March, Wednesday 15 April and Monday 20 April.  In addition teachers will be in contact every school day, but not during the school holidays. 

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Ngā mihi nui

Tōtara teachers