Karori Normal School

Rōpū Pōhutukawa  Year 3

Rōpū Pohutukawa Newsletter

Term 3 2021

Kia ora,

Term 3 is well and truly underway with students in Rōpū Pōhutukawa settled in for the new term and all that it has to offer. Thank you for your support from home over the past two terms. 

Karori Library Visits

Each class will be visiting the library twice this term. On the day of each visit, students will need to have a raincoat (just in case) and may like to bring their library card if they would like to borrow books. If they don’t have a library card and you would like them to bring home a registration form, please let us know. Visit dates are on Wednesdays as follows:

Room 14 - 4 August and 1 September

Room 15 - 11 August and 8 September

Room 16 - 18 August and 15 September

Room 17 - 25 August and 22 September

Scooter Ready

Scooter Ready is offered for children in years 3-4 as part of the Wellington region’s School Travel Plan Programme. Students learn about safety awareness and develop their skills for safer scooting. Scooters and helmets are provided for the programme however students are welcome to bring their own scooters and helmets if they would like to. Please ensure that your child is wearing appropriate footwear for scooting on their programme day.

City Gallery and Te Papa

On Tuesday 21 September we have our team trip. Each class will attend a combination of tours and workshops at both venues. We will be exploring some of the abstract art collections and engaging with stop motion animation. A permission form and letter requesting parent helpers will be sent out in the next few weeks.

Dates to note in Term 3:

• Wednesday 11 August - NZ Book Week in Schools Big Dreams Performance. 

• Thursday 12 August - Scooter Ready - Rooms 16 and 17.

• Thursday 19 August - Scooter Ready - Rooms 14 and 15.

• Monday 13 September - Staff Development Day - School Closed.

• Tuesday 14 September at 7:30pm - Artsplash Choir.

• Thursday 16 September at 7:45pm - Dancesplash Performance.

• Tuesday 21 September - Team trip to Te Papa and City Gallery.

Thanks for taking the time to read our newsletter. We look forward to seeing you throughout the term. Please remember to come in and see us if you have any questions or send us an email.

Ngā mihi nui,

Michele Mills, Alex Crawshaw, Colin Lambie and Nick Dowson